The kitchen is the most trafficked area in a residence; spilling, stomping and running, your kitchen takes it all. But with regular maintenance and utilizing the right hardwood and finish you could have durable wooden floors in your kitchen.
Here are some things that you may want to consider before getting the kitchen wooden floored.
The best species of wood for Kitchen
When floor your kitchen, it is highly recommended to always for the hardest hardwood. oak wood flooring and ash are a few of the strongest local wood varieties used in the making of real wood floors. The best good thing about using these types is the fact that their beautiful and heavy graining and fragile structure not only make your kitchen floor beautiful but it addittionally helps camouflage the tiny scuff marks and dents that are bound to occur over time.
You can find other stronger wood species available for sale like Jatoba and Santos Mahogany, but the primary disadvantage of with them is that they have a tendency to change colour and darken as time passes. Also, they are incredibly susceptible to humidity fluctuations.
The very best wood finishes for Kitchen
Solid wood floors in the kitchen need to have a protective coating to avoid the absorption of moisture and stains. Although almost all of the hardwood floor surface finishes available, today are suited to kitchens, using a water-based clear surface finish is often suggested because they preserve the wood’s shade and can be easily re-coated. The very best water-based finish is a factory-applied, acrylic-impregnated finish that diffuses through the wood rather than just being on the surface. Although acrylic layered floors are more costly, they are stronger and require less maintenance. Also using satin sheen surface finish helps disguise mud.
Polyurethane lacquer coatings are incredibly strong and durable. They can be plenty of for any home interior. But, when there is too much harm, then elements of the floor or occasionally the whole section should be changed. The parts near the sink, the stove, and the fridge are most vulnerable to damage from drops and spills. You should use rugs to secure these parts.
UV-cured oil finishes aren’t as durable as lacquers, but the benefit for an oil finish would be that the ruined areas can be permanent or restored quickly. Place repairs can be produced by using sanding paper. An oil-finished wood floor is the right option for a kitchen where in fact the spills are cleaned up immediately.
Coordinating kitchen cabinets with wooden floors
The kitchen appears appealing when the floor and the cabinets have contrasting looks. For example, if going for a dark floor, you might want cabinets decorated in a light shade or created from a light real wood.
Maintaining Hardwood Flooring in a Kitchen
• As stated kitchen floor surfaces will suffer drinking water spillage and staining so that it is necessary that these wooden flooring surfaces are given a couple of coatings of the sealing agent to avoid moisture penetration.
• If anything spills, be sure to wipe it up immediately, rather than let water stand on the wooden surface for long.
• Make sure that you don’t scrub or use any strong chemicals for cleaning. Use products especially recommended for wooden flooring surfaces to reinstate the original glimmer of your floor.
• It will also be necessary to sweep or vacuum the flooring frequently, to keep them free of grit and grime that can scratch the hardwood and wear away the final.
• If the flooring get destroyed, you can get them refinished. This technique involves sanding the top and re-applying the protective layers.
Advantages of Solid wood Flooring in kitchen:
• Hardwood is a warm materials that brings vital energy into the Kitchen. And if you work with wooden floor coverings for your entire other spaces then using the same for your kitchen ensures evenness in your interior decoration. That is especially noticeable in homes with wide open kitchens where in fact the kitchen appears to be an extension of the living room.
• Hardwood floor is long-lasting, and it will ages gracefully.
• Hardwood flooring are environment-friendly and will be the healthiest flooring which generate a clean environment.
• Your kitchen is one area where a number of people will spend lots of time standing as they prepare food. And that is why the comfort of the ground is critical. Wooden floor offers a softer and convenient surface to stand on. Studies show that wooden surfaces are best for the spine and the joints of the body!